An ICSP is a strategic plan that supports, promotes and enhances long-term community sustainability. It is defined within the Gas Tax Agreement as “a long-term plan, developed in consultation with community members that provides direction for the cities, towns and regions to realize sustainability objectives it has for the environmental, cultural, social and economic dimensions of its identity.”
Since 2010, the three towns have worked closely in implementing the various components of the ICSP through a Committee that meets monthly. The Committee is comprised of a Citizen Representative, Council Representative, and Town Staff Representative from each community. The diverse nature of this Committee has produced many new ideas and initiatives that have positively contributed to the well-being of all three towns.
This Committee has also strengthened cooperation between the three neighboring towns as we work together to find solutions to common issues.
The ICSP is an important document that will guide the development of the region in years to come.
- John Sainsbury, Council Representative, Pouch Cove
- Pam Wall, Employee, Pouch Cove
- Ken Pittman, Resident, Pouch Cove
- Michelle Martin, Council Representative, Flatrock
- Dianne Stamp, Employee, Flatrock
- Robert Schmiedendorf, Resident, Flatrock
- Christopher Dredge, Council Representative, Bauline
- Craig Drover, Employee, Bauline
- Wade LeGrow, Resident, Bauline
- Jennifer Power, ICSP Secretary, Bauline